Join Our Team
Director of Nursing
The following is a non-exhaustive criteria that relates to the job of a Director of Nursing, and it is consistent with the business needs of the facility. These are legitimate measures of the qualifications for Director of Nursing, and are related to the functions that are essential to the job of a Director of Nursing.
- Registered Nurse with required state licensure.
- Significant technical experience and demonstrated leadership/management skills, statement from
- Geriatric nursing background.
- Restorative care philosophy, excellent professional skill (both assessment and hands-on), and good communication and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of nursing home regulations.
- Ability to perform Essential Duties as outlined below.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Accountable for nursing compliance, excellence, and delivery of resident care services in adherence with The Company, local, state and federal regulations.
- Manage nursing staff through appropriate hiring, training, evaluation, assignment and delegation of duties, within budget and resident census guidelines.
- Augment floor staffing if needed.
- Approve and validate all department payroll prior to submitting.
- Review and ensure proper resident charting and procedure documentation.
- Develop and implement resident care plans in coordination with physician, medical director, nursing staff, and outside consultants (i.e., therapists).
- Ensure appropriate equipment, supplies, and resources are available to staff on a timely basis.
- Train and develop nursing staff to achieve positive resident outcome.
- Must qualify for company insurance, pass DMV check and practice safe defensive driving skills.
Reliability, trustworthiness and consistency with regard to attendance is extremely important to this job. The ability to regularly and timely attend work, cooperative and politely work and deal with others, and to effectively multi-task and work in a stressful environment are also essential functions to this job.
STATEMENT: This position reports directly to the Administrator and Corporate Director of Nursing Services.
APPLICANT DECLARATION: I have read the qualifications and requirements of the position of DIRECTOR OF NURSING. I understand and certify that the foregoing is a non-exhaustive criteria that is consistent with the business needs of this facility and is a legitimate measure of the qualifications for a Director of Nursing; and relates to the functions that are essential to the job of a Director of Nursing. To the best of my knowledge, I believe that I can perform these duties.
You can apply online or upload your resume.