Important Visitor, Family and Resident Information Regarding COVID 19
Dear patients / residents and loved ones of Glen Rose Nursing and Rehab,
The health and safety of our residents and staff is our highest priority. We want to thank our community and family members for your support and words of encouragement during this challenging time.
Under the direction of the President of the United States, the Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC), and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Glen Rose Nursing and Rehab has implemented the following policies:
- Restricting all visitors, volunteer, vendors and non-essential health care personnel except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life situations.
- Using a Risk Questionnaire daily prior to employee/essential visitor entry, and denial of anyone whose health or travel history poses a risk to the residents/staff in the community.
- Screening all staff and essential visitors for COVID-19 signs or symptoms prior to entry including temperature checks.
- Monitoring all staff and essential visitors for proper hand washing and use of alcohol hand gels/sanitizers upon entering and while inside the facility.
- All staff and essential visitors must wear masks and appropriate personal protective equipment inside the facility and when working with residents.
- Daily screening of residents for COVID-19 signs or symptoms including temperature checks with physician oversight.
- Encouraging staff and residents to practice social distancing
- Immediately isolating residents if signs or symptoms of COVID-19 are present.
- Increased sanitation of common areas with approved disinfectants and high touch areas like doorknobs, faucets and handrails.
- Restricting and limiting group activities and dining services
- Daily review and updates (if necessary) of the current standard of care protocols issued by the Centers for Disease Control Prevention, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the American health Care Association.
- New resident admissions are initially placed in quarantine for 14 days.
- COVID-19 testing is done weekly/monthly as directed and available for residents and staff under the guidance of a physician.
We, your care providers at Glen rose Nursing and Rehab, are taking this crisis serious and are doing all that we can to keep our residents and staff safe and healthy.
We promise to continue to minimize the possible exposure associated with this virus. We thank you for your continued confidence in caring for your loved ones at Glen Rose Nursing and Rehab. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions.
** UPDATE: At this time limited visitation for essential care givers only is permitted by appointment only. Click Here to learn more and see the policy guidelines.