Join Our Team
The following is a non-exhaustive criteria that relates to the job of a Charge Nurse, and it is consistent with the business needs of the facility. These are legitimate measures of the qualifications for a Charge Nurse, and are related to the functions that are essential to the job of a Charge Nurse.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed /Vocational Nurse in good standing.
- Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies and note detail.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine care for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Give direction to Nurse Aides for appropriate care of residents.
Properly administer resident medication.
- Implement resident care plans in compliance with Company and federal guidelines, and physician’s
- Perform treatments.
- Accurately and promptly transcribe physician orders.
- Timely and accurate documentation of resident’s charts. Complete Nursing assessment as required.
- Participate in shift report.
- Implement established nursing policy and procedures, educating support staff regarding care needs of
- Maintain a safe working environment, complying with infection control and body mechanic procedures.
- Respond to need for staffing shortages by arranging for replacement staff.
May require frequent extended work days of up to 12 hours.
Sitting: 1 – 2 hours per 8 hour work shift. Alternates frequently to walking.
Standing: 2 – 3 hours in an 8 hour work shift. Alternates frequently to walking and occasionally to sitting.
Walking: 4 – 5 hours in an 8 hour work shift. Alternates frequently to standing and occasionally to sitting.
Reliability, trustworthiness and consistency with regard to attendance is extremely important to this job. The ability to regularly and timely attend work, cooperative and politely work and deal with others, and to effectively multi-task and work in a stressful environment are also essential functions to this job.
STATEMENT: This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
I have read the qualifications and requirements of the position of CHARGE NURSE. To the best of my knowledge, I believe that I can perform these duties. I understand and certify that the foregoing is a non-exhaustive criteria that is consistent with the business needs of this facility and is a legitimate measure of the qualifications for a Charge Nurse; and relates to the functions that are essential to the job of a Charge Nurse.
You can apply online or upload your resume.