Join Our Team
Certified Nursing Assistant
The following is a non-exhaustive criteria that relates to the job of a Certified Nursing Assistant, and it is consistent with the business needs of the facility. These are legitimate measures of the qualifications for a Certified Nursing Assistant, and are related to the functions that are essential to the job of a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Nursing Assistant Certification from state.
- Ability to record information and perform technical procedures.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine care for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Accountable for personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, catheter care, pericare, and dressing), and observation of residents within patient care policy guidelines. Identify and report any condition requiring management attention.
- Change bed linen and maintain appropriate grooming supplies in resident room.
- Ambulate and transfer residents, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
- Record resident vital signs, weights, and measurements, intake and output, food consumption, and other information as assigned.
- Routinely turn and position patients.
- Perform range of motion and reality orientation with residents as directed.
- Ability to lift, bend and twist repetitively with minor assistance.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Sitting: 1 – 2 hours in an 8 hour work shift.
Standing: 3-7 hours in an 8 hour work shift. Alternates continuous to walking.
Walking: 3-7 hours in an 8 hour work shift. Alternates occasionally to standing.
Lifting: 50 lbs.
Reliability, trustworthiness and consistency with regard to attendance is extremely important to this job. The ability to regularly and timely attend work, cooperative and politely work and deal with others, and to effectively multi-task and work in a stressful environment are also essential functions to this job.
STATEMENT: This position reports directly to the Charge Nurse.
APPLICANT DECLARATION: I have read the qualifications and requirements of the position of CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT. I understand and certify that the foregoing is a non-exhaustive criteria that is consistent with the business needs of this facility and is a legitimate measure of the qualifications for a Certified Nursing Assistant; and relates to the functions that are essential to the job of a Certified Nursing Assistant. To the best of my knowledge, I believe that I can perform these duties.
You can apply online or upload your resume.