Join Our Team
Assistant Director of Nursing
The following is a non-exhaustive criteria that relates to the job of Assistant Director of Nursing, and it is consistent with the business needs of the facility. These are legitimate measures of the qualifications for Assistant Director of Nursing, and are related to the functions that are essential to the job of Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Licensed Nurse in good standing with State Nursing Board.
- Significant technical experience and demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Geriatric nursing background.
- Restorative care philosophy, excellent professional skill (both assessment and hands-on and good
communication, and organization skills).
- Working knowledge of nursing home regulations
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine care and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Accountable for nursing compliance, excellence, and delivery of resident care services in adherence with the company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Experience preferably in long term care, with ability to demonstrate good leadership and management skills.
- Augment floor staffing if needed.
- MDS, care planning, participation in Performance Improvement and Infection Control where indicated; subject to needs of facility.
- Manage nursing staff through appropriate hiring, training, evaluation, assignment, and delegation of duties, within budget and resident census guidelines.
- Review and ensure proper resident charting and procedure documentation.
- Develop and implement resident care plans in coordination with physician, medical director, nursing staff, and outside consultants (i.e., therapists).
- Ensure appropriate equipment, supplies, and resources are available to staff on a timely basis.
- Ability to complete necessary assessments; have a good knowledge of infection control procedures.
Reliability, trustworthiness and consistency with regard to attendance is extremely important to this job. The ability to regularly and timely attend work, cooperative and politely work and deal with others, and to effectively multi-task and work in a stressful environment are also essential functions to this job.
STATEMENT: This positions reports to the Director of Nursing.
APPLICANT DECLARATION: I have read the qualifications and requirements of the position of ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING. I understand and certify that the foregoing is a non-exhaustive criteria that is consistent with the business needs of this facility and is a legitimate measure of the qualifications for a Assistant Director of Nursing; and relates to the functions that are essential to the job of a Assistant Director of Nursing. To the best of my knowledge, I believe that I can perform these duties.
You can apply online or upload your resume.