Join Our Team
The following is a non-exhaustive criteria that relates to the job of a Activity Director, and it is consistent with the business needs of the facility. These are legitimate measures of the qualifications for a Activity Director, and are related to the functions that are essential to the job of a Activity Director.
- High school graduate with certification where required by state regulations.
- Must be certified Activity Director.
- Excellent creative and communication skills.
- Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform Essential Duties as outlined below.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Experience with creating and implementing effective resident care plans.
- Ability to develop, organize and implement a program of activities for the social, emotional, physical and other therapeutic needs of the residents within specified budget.
- Maintain detailed records of activity programs and participation of individual residents, identifying progress toward
established care plan goals.
- Conduct resident activity histories and assessments as required by state and federal standards.
- Publish and distribute a monthly calendar of events and periodic facility newsletter.
- Develop and maintain an active volunteer program.
Sitting: 2 – 3 hours per 8 hour work shift. May alternate frequently to standing or walking.
Standing: 5 – 6 hours in an 8 hour work shift. May occasionally alternate to sitting and frequently alternate to walking.
Walking: 2-3 hours in an 8 hour work shift. May occasionally alternate to sitting and standing.
Reliability, trustworthiness and consistency with regard to attendance is extremely important to this job. The ability to regularly and timely attend work, cooperative and politely work and deal with others, and to effectively multi-task and work in a stressful environment are also essential functions to this job.
STATEMENT: This position reports directly to the Administrator.
APPLICANT DECLARATION: I have read the qualifications and requirements of the position of Activity Director. I understand and certify that the foregoing is a non-exhaustive criteria that is consistent with the business needs of this facility and is a legitimate measure of the qualifications for a Activity Director; and relates to the functions that are essential to the job of a Activity Director. To the best of my knowledge, I confirm and certify that I can perform these duties.
You can apply online or upload your resume.